Thursday, April 16, 2009

A tough one

Just two rows ahead of me.
That was the last moment.
I remembered when my roving eye is caught by a row of blinding white teeth against the chocolate-brown of a familiar face.
There's more to this face than meets the eye.



Touched down Singapore again yesterday. And right after the arrival I had tons of things to do. My heart leaped that day in Sandakan when my phone rang and an international ID appeared on the caller ID. I didn't know whether to put a big satisfaction smile on my face or to add it on to my worries. It was really a tough decision for me. It was the fear of the same condition as the old one which brought me to that stage. But if I don't give it a try, I'll never know. Deep inside, I wish I would never ever regret on hitting that 'reply all' button on the Outlook mail. But if it happens to be a regret, it will be only for two more whole years.

It wasn't an easy one, of recouping of the new environment again after so many months of all the comfort at home even that the break is just a bliss. There's no place like home. Even that you know it's only a few months before you'll be heading back again, there's still misses nailed deep inside which is sufficient to suffocate you for maybe days or even weeks.

I'm lucky enough to have Esther to go on the packing together. I would have broke down trying to tidy and pack all those stuff in my room alone. Even packing together, I felt worn out. The feeling of just wanting to stay put in one place. Without Esther I wouldn't be able to put my head on my pillow early last night.

Like suddenly I was thinking that why could someone have just live on easily in a new environment while others just couldn't take it. It is what it's called homesickness i guess. Sometimes I do envy classmates where they could pursue further studies by staying right put in Singapore, future bright painted ahead in Singapore. If only renowned colleges and universities do exist in Sandakan, then we wouldn't have to go on separate ways far away to pursue what we wanted. Yea, sounds corny. As I grow up, the real world surrounded me with more mundane concerns than being indulged in the universe in stories.

Thank the Lord that everything went well. I didn't need to bear with my neighbour's stentorian play-by-play again.
May I be able to build a strong foundation here again to last for at least till the next break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home