Thursday, April 9, 2009

To see You high and lifted up


My longest break is nearing its end soon. So much of this break with its contents moulded bit by bit, and held securely in it surely tantalized me. The thought of that I will be going back to Singapore for studies soon makes my feelings inside fluctuate. I can view that as dating in two parts. A part of me feels heavy to leave this place so greatly nailed in me, the place where my home is, of the great food both at home and out, while the other part is anxiously awaiting to go back. It has been months since I last saw and went out for shoppings and outings with my fellow W15Hs and W26Ls. It has been some time since we are both sending each other offline messages, Sibelle Ng Si Ying and me, due to the the different timing of us going online. She has work during the day so that she won't be able to go online. And speaking of Edna, who has been disappearing for a week if I am not mistaken! And Vivian and Sam! Also Anne, Jasmine, monkey Ed, sj and so on..
I have been missing so much of our class outings. Previously the W15Hs who had outing together and today! the W26Ls having steamboat for dinner! Ah ah ah! Dengkai has been so good telling me the details of the place of the steamboat, showing me the website of the place and the location to come to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to join unless I swim back. Righttt.
I went over to my grandpa's place that day to realise that he has grown so old over the years, which I didn't even realise. Is there a fact that when a person grows old, he'll change? I don't mean the the physical part. That cannot be denied. His look has grown so weary over the years. In fact, his inside changed as well, he has grown to not be able to differentiate whether what he did was right or wrong. Maybe I should say that his mind is not in a conscious state of what he is doing. And previously, my cousins and I myself got angry at him because of a dog. Well, I shall not spilt out here what he did to it.
That day, my po po told me that my uncle would be coming back all the way from Canada to have our family portrait taken. The last one we had was when I was eleven. She said she doesn't know when my grandpa will be leaving us with his current health. He has been complaining of the tremendous amounts of medicine that he has to take everyday.
I felt the sudden loneliness in him. I knew he still love us all. Recalling back, I still remember when he fed me my first 'teh c' when I was still a toddler, of how he drove me out when I said I wanted to go out. I know we shall bear with him while we can.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home